It’s vegan, gluten free and sure to bring you warmth during these cold winter months!
When we saw this gorgeous pink soup on Instagram featuring our favorite veggie, beetroot, we just had to reach out to its creator Kimberly Espinel and ask if we could share it with our followers! She very graciously said yes thanked us for asking.
Check out Kimberly’s beautiful food photography and an amazing work @thelittleplantation on instagram and at https://thelittleplantation.co.uk! And If you give this gorgeous beetroot soup a try let us know and make sure to tag us @victorydancefoods.com and @thelittleplantation.co.uk
2 - 2 ½ cup potatoes, roughly diced
2 large white onions, finely chopped
3 cups of vegetable stock
1 cup Whole Mylk
3 - 4 tbsp white wine
1 ½ tbsp almond butter
3 - 4 tbsp olive oil
Pinch of salt
1 small beetroot, peeled and diced
Optional garnish: Black sesame seeds, ground black pepper, olive oil, beetroot leaves or other
1. Add water to saucepan and boil potatoes with a pinch of salt until soft. Then drain and set aside.
2. In a frying pan over a medium flame, heat the olive oil and sauté the onions until soft and translucent, for around 10 minutes.
3. Place the boiled potatoes, sautédd onions and all other ingredients in a large pot and bring to the boil.
4. Once boiling, reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
5. Place everything in a (high speed) blender and blend until smooth.
6. Serve immediately and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, sesame seeds, coarsely ground black pepper and fresh beetroot leaves.
Keeps in the fridge in an airtight container for about 48 hours.
Vegan Potato Beetroot Soup